O'day 192 Pages
Boyd Home Page
- Projects 2010
- Mast Prop & Motor Stand
- 2010/11 Work Journal
- Brightwork
- Cleaning
- Hull Repairs
- Tiller & Extension
- Painting
- Mast Work
- Miscelansous

Painting Projects

December 8, 2010

I've been painting the companionway screens over the past several days. I have a coat of primer and finish on them. I haven't decided if I'll put another coat of finish on them. I think not at this point. They're pretty crude. I'm not sure they're worth the effort of another coat of paint. We'll see how they work out and go from there.

The next painting project is the underside of the cockpit locker lids/seats, and the underside of the companionway cover. I have to buy the paint to do that work, and I'm waiting until after Christmas.

January 31, 2011

The rudder plate primed

I finally had some time at home and I got tired of waiting for warm weather and decided to go ahead and get some painting done. I decided to paint the aluminum brackets that make up the rudder. I got a coat of primer on them today. Its rather rough and I'm sort of wishing I had waited for warm weather and spray painted... but oh well, we're making progress.


Before painting

March 28, 2011

I finished painting the rudder head and got it back together over the weekend. The wood blocks in the rudder head got several coats of Interlux Schooner Gold varnish.

I still need to put the rudder blade in and maybe put a new coat of anti-fouling paint on it.



April 10, 2011

I put the first coat on the undersides of the cockpit locker covers and the companionway cover. I like the Petit paint OK, but not happy with the color at all. Going by the paint chips, this seemed to be pretty close to matching the boat color. Its not even close. So I guess I'll buy the off white they have which looked to be too dark and try that. If it is too dark, I have some white I can brighten it up with.

April 23, 2011

I had ordered and received a quart of Pettit Easypoxy in off-white. That color matches the boat pretty well, and I got the undersides of the locker covers and companionway cover painted today. They are ready to go, and I'm pleased enough with the Easypoxy in off-white to go ahead with some of the other painting I intend to do. Yah!