Alex's 2007 Track
- University of Akron Open Relay:
Feb 24th - Kenyon College Indoor meet:
- 6th Place Pole Vault (13')
March 24th - Lexington Relays
- 1st Place pole vault (14')
- 1st Place 55m Run (xx.xx)
- Bucyrus Invitational (News
- 1st place - Pole Vault - 13"-0"
April 20th - Mehock Relays
- 1st place -Pole Vault - 12'-6" (attempted 13-6
but didn't clear it)
- 1st place - 100 yd (both of his prelim times were
below the meet record of 11.00. His final time was 11.02. He
pulled up in both the prelims and did not in the final, so we
kind of figure he got cheated by the timers.
- 2nd place - 4x100 relay (two bad hand offs)
- 2nd place - 4x200 relay
April 21st - Mt. Vernon Relays
- 3rd Place - Pole vault - 14'-0" - click to watch video (the videos are large files and will take
some time to download).
April 24th - Wooster - Didn't have
a good night. Trying to get on a new pole and suffering with a
- 1st Place - Pole Vault - 14'-1" - New personal
record, school record and meet record - click to watch video
April 27th - Marion Night Relays
- 2nd place pole vault
- 3rd place 100
see vaulting sequence shots
- Pole Vault - 1st place - 13-0 (worked on new poles at
- 100 M - 1st place - 11:02
- 4 x 100 M - 1st place
- 4x 200 M - 1st place
- Outstand Male Athlete Award (most points won)
May 11, 2007 - Ohio Cardinal Conf. Meet
As quoted in the Mansfield News Journal,
- 1st 110M Dash
- 3rd 4x200 Relay
- 2nd Pole Vault (13'-6")
- 5th 200M Dash
"It would have been nice to win
both (the 100 and vault)," Boyd said, "but I'll take it. It's a
treat to beat Jamario O'Neal's brother in the 100, especially
since he beat me handily the other time we met. I had a good
start, which is important because I'm not the best at keeping up
speed the whole race." Boyd's heavy workload took a toll
in the vault. By the time the bar was put at 14 feet, Boyd had
already run prelims in the 100 and 200 and finals in the 100 and
4 x 200.
"I don't want to make excuses, but
everything felt like jello," Boyd said. "I was worn out. I don't
usually run both the 100 and 200, but they needed me to do it
tonight as part of the team effort."
That pretty much tells the story.
See photos here.
picture & videos
- 1st Pole vault - 13-6"
- 2nd 110 m dash - 11.3 sec.
- 2nd 4x200 relay
The State Meet was a humility building afair. Alex cleared 13-0 and could not clear 13-6. So he tied for 14th place. Winning height 15-4